CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
CCPA Privacy Notice for California Residents
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018 is effective as of January 1, 2020. The CCPA provides specific rights regarding your personal information. These rights include:
• The right to know what personal information Essex Mortgage collects;
• The right for you to request a copy of this personal information;
• The right to delete this information;
• The right to opt-out of the transfer or sale of your information; and
• The right to not be discriminated against if you exercise any of these rights.
Types of Information We May Collect:
• Personal identifiers such as your name, aliases, address, IP address, email address, phone number, social security number, driver’s license or other similar identifiers
• Financial information such as bank statements, account numbers, and asset information or documentation
• Credit information such as credit reports, inquiry information, existing and past creditor information, current balances, and payment histories
• Employment and income information such as name and address of your employer, social security or disability income, years worked, paystubs, W2s, 1099s, 1120s, child support or alimony information
• Government-required demographic information including race, ethnicity, and gender
• Information on your property, such as address, type of dwelling, and other appraisal-related information
• Educational information such as degrees or transcripts
• Personal information does not include publicly available information or consumer information that is de-identified or aggregated.
How We Receive Your Information
• Directly or indirectly from our clients or their agents – including, but not limited to interactions on our website, loan applications or documents provided related to the mortgage loan process;
• From third parties that we may interact with during the course of providing services to you.
How We Use Your Information
Essex Mortgage is not in the business of selling your personal information. We do not have affiliates. We generally use your information for the purpose of originating and servicing residential mortgage loans.
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
• To provide you with information you have requested regarding our products and services;
• To originate, process, underwrite, and fund residential mortgage loans;
• To our third-party service providers in connection with originating your loan; such as appraisers, credit reporting agencies, and settlement and title companies;
• To fulfill legal obligations, such as court orders or subpoenas;
• To federal and state regulators who supervise our mortgage lending activities;
• To other financial institutions that may purchase your loan, collect your payments, or service your loan; and
• For advertising and marketing purposes.
Your Right to Request Information
You have a right to request that we disclose the categories of information we have collected and to request a copy of your specific personal information. This information will be delivered to you by the method of your preference including through your existing account, via mail, or electronically in a portable format. This information will be provided to you in a format that will be readily usable for you to easily transmit the information from one entity to the other.
Please note that we are not able to disclose Social Security numbers, driver’s license numbers or other government-issued identifiers, financial account numbers, health insurance or medical identification numbers, account passwords, or security questions and answers. We also cannot provide information if it creates a substantial risk to the security of your information.
Your Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that Essex Mortgage delete any of the personal information Essex Mortgage collects from you.
Please note that there may be instances in which we cannot delete your personal information. The majority of the information that we collect is governed by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and other federal and state laws. If we are not able to delete your information, we will respond to your request with further explanation.
How to Make a Request Regarding Your Personal Information
You have three (3) ways to submit requests to Essex Mortgage:
1. By calling our toll-free number at: 888-892-4070.
2. By submitting a request in writing by mail to our corporate office:
Essex Mortgage Compliance Department
2100 W. Orangewood Avenue Suite 180
Orange, CA 92868
3. By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If submitting a request in writing, please state that you are making a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act (or CCPA) and provide contact information so that we may respond to your request.
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days of receipt. We will make every effort to respond to or fulfill your request within forty-five (45) business days from the receipt of your request. If we need more time to fulfill your request, you will be notified.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Please note that safeguarding your personal information is of utmost importance to us, and we will verify your identity using at least three (3) pieces of information that we have on file for you before releasing or deleting any personal information. We may deny your request if we are not able to verify your identity.
You may designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf. You must provide written permission that this person may act on your behalf, and they must be properly registered with the Secretary of State. We will verify the identity of your authorized agent before releasing or deleting your personal information.
Minors Under 16 Years of Age
Essex Mortgage does not collect or maintain personal information of children under the age of sixteen (16).
If you have any questions related to this privacy notice, please contact our corporate office using our toll-free number 888-892-4070, or by e-mailing email@example.com.
Last revision date: January 1, 2020
Last review date: December 21, 2022